Sunday, October 16, 2011

Why I raped housewife –Robbery suspect


A robbery suspect has explained why he raped a housewife he considered to be old enough to be his sister during a raid in Ibiade Village, Ijebu Waterside Local Government Area of Ogun State. Seyi Lawanson, 20, a bricklayer, who allegedly raped a housewife of 30 years, told Sunday Sun that he was tempted by the beauty of the woman.


Explaining how he and his gang stormed the victim’s home, Seyi said they were desperately looking for money to buy two motorcycles that would aid their nefarious activities.
His words: “A member of our gang, who had lived in the same house with the woman, led us on the operation. “When we got there, I entered through the window, which was made of plank, and later opened the main door. After I opened the door, one of us who had lived in the house before, led other members of the gang to the room where the husband of the woman I raped was sleeping. 


There, the gang member collected N62,000 from him.
“I did not accompany them to the husband’s room, but went straight to his wife’s room, and I met and raped her before their neighbours raised alarm, and I ran out of the building to escape. When I left the house after the raid, I never knew I would later be arrested.” Asked the reaction of the woman he raped, Seyi said: “Initially, she put up a resistance, but I brought out a native knife, which looks like a gun, and she cooperated with me, and I had my way. But let me tell you that I had barely penetrated her when the shout of ‘ole, ole, ole’ in the community forced me to stop.


“I was pushed to do it by the devil and I beg for forgiveness from God and the woman’s husband.” Commissioner of Police, Mr. Nicholas Nkemdem, while reacting to the incident and other armed robberies in the state, lamented that crime had become a profession in the country. According to him, “in Nigeria today, many people, particularly youths, instead of looking for job prefer to be apprentice to criminals and later graduate into criminality.” He adds: “So, as we send people to school to engage in a profession or trade, there are some unscrupulous Nigerians, particularly the youth, who engage in nefarious activities.”


However, the Police Commissioner, who also paraded other robbery and murder suspects, assured that his command would leave no stone unturned to ensure that criminals were brought to book.


One of those paraded was an ex-convict, Tunde Bola, who had earlier escaped from Olokuta Federal Prisons, Akure, Ondo State, before he led a robbery gang to raid a family in Abigi and was subsequently arrested.
He warned against illegal possession of firearms by people, adding that his command would deal with anyone or group of people found with firearms without licence from authorized agencies.

DONT FORGET TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS:::

No comments:

Post a Comment