Thursday, September 29, 2011

'I will never celebrate in front of Arsenal fans again' - Adebayor


Emmanuel Adebayor admits he regrets running the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the Arsenal fans – and insists he will never do it again.

The Togolese striker netted for Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium back in 2009 in a 4-2 victory and sprinted towards his ex-club’s fans before sliding on his knees and celebrating.

But now, as he gets set to face the Gunners in Tottenham colours for the first time, he has issued an apology and promises there will no repeat if he finds the target this weekend.

He told talkSPORT: “What happened two years

ago was an accident and I do apologise to all the fans of Arsenal. Sometime the emotions, we cannot control them, we are all human beings.

“I regret what I have done and I say sorry to everyone but at the end of the day sorry doesn’t change anything. For me it’s over.

“I’m looking forward to playing against Arsenal again on Sunday but believe me, if I have a chance to score, trust me I will score but as for the celebration, never in my life will I do something like that again.

“It will be a funny game [on Sunday], it’ll be fantastic. I have a chance to play against Arsenal again, the club that gave me the chance to be where I am today. I have a huge respect for the club.”

And Adebayor says it feels like he’s been playing for Tottenham for years after settling in straight away at White Hart Lane, scoring three goals in three games since joining on loan from City.

“I’m having a good time at training every day,” he added. “We’re having a big laugh and I find myself already in the squad as if I have been playing for Tottenham for ages.

“We defend together and we attack together. We have a lot of good players, Gareth Bale, Benoit Assou-ekotto and Luka Modric, they’re all fantastic players.”



DONT FORGET TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS. THANKS:::

No comments:

Post a Comment